Monday, April 27, 2015

Hell on the Bay

As for yesterday April 25th on Mobile Bay I just have to say one thing. Several hundred men and women went to the Bay to compete in a regatta that has a 57 year tradition where, up until yesterday, no one has ever been lost. There will always be a lot of second guesses about everything we and others do in life. What could we have done differently? I guess that is a healthy question but I do have one succinct answer. As for us and our crew I wouldn't change one damned thing. Everyone on our boat was unscathed and the boat is undamaged. We're hearing reports of wind readings sustained in the 70s and 90s. Could we have done something different or better? Hell if I know but at the end of the day we managed the best possible outcome and that is a boat full of family and friends who were all safe. Lives were lost yesterday in #HellOnTheBay but second guessing will not change a single thing.

No comments: