Monday, October 10, 2005

Fat is a Choice

Fat people are fat. They are not caloricly challenged. They are fat. They are fat because they eat and drink too much. It is NOT their glands or their genetics. A basic tenet of physics is that you cannot create or destroy matter. If you burn more calories than you intake you will lose weight. (Period) This is a fact, not a fad diet or a means of selling something. The fact that a gastric bypass makes the morbidly obese slim again is a glaring proof that people are fat because they overeat. Fat is a choice. If you like being fat more power to ya. Everyone should be who they are comfortable being. If you are fat and hate being fat stop eating so much.

Fat is not a protected class of people. You do not have a “right” to be looked after in a special way because you are fat. If your ass is too wide to sit in an airplane seat you should have to buy either a first class ticket or buy two seats. I know it costs you more but you chose to be fat so pay for the extra real estate you take up on public transportation just like you do the extra food you eat.

Fat is a choice. If you like being fat more power to ya. Everyone should be who they are comfortable being. If you are fat and hate being fat stop eating so much. If you are offended by people calling you fat grow up.

This article is dedicated to the 400 pounder that argued with me this past weekend about whether she had a right to lift the armrest between her seat and mine so that her blubber could settle on to my seat on a two hour plane ride. I just simply refused to let her do it.

She called an attendant and demanded that she force me to allow her to raise the armrest so she could basically sit in her seat and mine. The attendant asked me if it would be OK and I said “Absolutely NOT!” The poor attendant was embarrassed and said that she would try to find other arrangements on the sold out flight.

When the attendant walked away I was assaulted with name calling and the likes by this huge cow. She actually told me that she couldn’t help being fat and that I should be ashamed of myself. I told her she was too fat to sit in a single seat and should by two or use first class and that she could be thin if she wanted to and that I was most definitely not ashamed of myself.

The attendant moved her to a first class seat and the guy from first class came and sat beside me. He thought the whole thing was funny. He also told me that he had once weighed just over 300 pounds. He was currently at about 210 or so. He said he was fat all his life. His mother was fat; father and siblings were all fat. One day at 30 years old he told his family he was tired of being fat and was going to be slim. They all laughed and told him it was genetic and he couldn’t change it. A year and a hundred pounds later he was fit and trim.

Life is full of choices. If you make choices that gain you the ire of the general public don’t get mad at the public. Life is full of choices, make the right ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"loose weight"[SIC]
"passed weekend"[SIC]

If you're going to blog and if you would like to be read and respected:
try learning the English language. It's not "cool" or "hip" to be dumb.

If I was forced to choose between being overweight and being stupid, I'd take the fat any day. Fat can be fixed.

Devil Frog said...

Dear Anon,
If you came here for spelling lessons you are totally lost. If a few grammar issues are all you saw in the post you are a boring prude. Have a nice day